Thank you for considering the exclusive Leadfoot Ranch for your special day. The Leadfoot Ranch is quite simply the perfect place to create an extraordinarily personal and romantic seaside celebration, where you and your fiancé can exchange vows and celebrate in the company of family and friends.
When booking your wedding reception at the Leadfoot Ranch, our gift to you is our Ceremony Site overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
Please take a look at the pricing structure below which will outline the costs associated with booking Leadfoot Ranch.
Leadfoot Ranch Ceremony Site
We have a gorgeous outside Ceremony Site that will seat up to 120 people and a wet weather alternative. When booking your wedding reception at the Leadfoot Ranch your Ceremony site is complementary.
To Hire the Venue – Old Barn & Pavilion & Stage
|Old Barn, Pavilion and Stage||Starting at $15,000.00|
Seats 120 people on long tables
Seats 100 people on round tables
To Hire the Venue – Old Barn, Pavilion, Stage and Marquee
|Old Barn, Pavilion, Stage and Marquee||Starting at $17,500.00|
Seats approximately 250 people on long tables
Seats approximately 150 people on round tables
Venue hire includes: tables, chairs, glassware, candelabras, crockery, cutlery, for up to 120 guests. Additional tables, chairs, candelabras, crockery, glassware will be charged out accordingly.
Please note that Leadfoot requests to sight the seating plan before sign off to ensure access around the venue and fire regulations are met.
Choose from one of our fabulous mouth-watering menus designed especially for you by our preferred caterer to meet all your culinary requirements. With over 17 years in the hospitality industry, Sandy Crooks from Juz Catering will design a menu to best suit your culinary needs and budget.
Stay at Leadfoot Ranch
Leadfoot Ranch offers two magical accommodation options for the bridal party or Honeymoon Suite.
|The Leadfoot Guest House/Honeymoon Suite/Bridal Suite
Sleeps up to 4 people (1 queen, 2 singles)
|$850.00 per night|
|Honeymoon Cottage Suite
Sleeps 2 people (1 queen)
|$750.00 per night|
The Fee to Hire the Leadfoot Ranch Covers:
- Ceremony Site and reception venue for up to 120 people
- Registry table
- Wet weather ceremony option
- Tables & chairs
- Cake table
- Crockery, cutlery and branded glassware
- Commercial kitchen for use by our recommended caterer
- Reception set up – including clothes, napkins, crockery and Leadfoot glassware
Additional Costs to the Venue Hire:
- Wedding Planner
- Printed material e.g. table numbers, place names, menus and table seating plan
- Table decorations, venue decorations e.g. fairy lights, festoons etc.
- Set up and removal of decorations
- Catering, wait staff and bar staff
- Band or DJ
- Confetti – paper – bio degradable – flowers including rose petals hydrangea blooms. Please note. No confetti bombs, glitter or rice are permitted in the reception area. No fireworks or fire lanterns are permitted
- Sound System for ceremony site and reception
- Glassware – if you desire unbranded glassware
- Alcohol – you have the option of brining in your own alcohol. A corkage of $6.00 per bottle of wine will be charged out. No hard liquor allowed – Beer and Wine only
- Additional tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery above the 120 covered by the venue hire
- Table linen including top table bridal skirt, clothes and napkins for your table settings
- Drip Free Candles only– 3” pillar candles required per candelabra. Each candelabra holds 7 candles
- Floral arrangements to be delivered complete or as near to completion
- Security for the main gate starting 30 minutes prior to the wedding up until the conclusion of the wedding. No security required if using Orchard Road.
- Additional power cables for lighting or sound.
- All prices are GST exclusive
- Transportation of guests – buses. Please note that buses will need to enter the Leadfoot property from Orchard Road gate at pre destined times.
- Private cars will be parked in a designated spot
- Any vehicles left at Leadfoot after the wedding will be available for collection between 9:00AM – 11:00AM the day after the wedding.
Hours of Operation
- 1:00PM – 4:00PM day prior to wedding
- 10:00AM – Midnight day of wedding
- Bar closes at 11:30PM
- All guests must leave the property no later than midnight
- Music must stop by 11:45PM
Site Visit, Rehearsal, Access Visit, Set up and Pack Up
- All site visits are by appointment only including set up, wedding rehearsal and pack down of decorations.
- You have one hour for your wedding rehearsal
- All service providers including florists, cake bakers, prop staging etc. must enter the property from the Orchard Road gate
- Access for set up is from 1:00PM – 4:00PM the day prior to your wedding.
- Access the day of the wedding is from 10:00AM – 12:00PM for final set up and delivery of flowers etc.
- Access for the actual wedding is one hour prior to the service and up until midnight
- Access the day after the wedding is between 9:00AM – 11:00AM
The Supply of Liquor
You have the opportunity to bring in your own beer and wine. Standard New Zealand Liquor by Laws apply
- On delivery of alcohol to Leadfoot an inventory must be completed by a person designated by the bridal party and Leadfoot Management.
- Upon collecting the remaining alcohol after the event – an inventory must be undertaken by a person designated by the bridal party and Leadfoot Management recording consumption which will equate to the wine corkage charge.
- No alcohol is permitted to leave the Leadfoot Ranch with any guest in any form on the day of the wedding
- The on sale of liquor is not permitted
- Beer, Wine and Champagne only – no hard liquor
- We have a relationship with Mills Reef Winery you are welcome to enjoy directly. Contact details on request.
The management and staff of Leadfoot and the caterer reserve the right to refuse service of alcohol to anyone who:
- Fails to show proof of identity in request
- Is intoxicated
Bookings and Payments
A tentative booking will be held for 2 weeks.
A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking.
The balance is required 30 days prior to the wedding.
Catering is to be dealt with directly.
A bond of $ 1000.00 is payable to Leadfoot which will be refunded within 14 days of your function.
Cancellation and Date Transfers
If a booking is cancelled the following refund applies:
- 11 months prior to the function – no refund of deposit
- 12+ months’ notice – 50% of the deposit refunded
Damages and Theft
All clients and their guests use the venue at their own risk. Leadfoot Ranch will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including vehicles) or injury to any person.
The Leadfoot team are here to make your special day magical, please do not hesitate in contacting me for any additional information and to organise a time that suits you to visit the Leadfoot Ranch.
The access on to the Leadfoot Ranch for Shuttles and Buses is through the Orchard Road Gate
Whiti City Cabs & Shuttles
07 866 4777
P: 07 868 6265